The women of Iowa City Cycling Club are proud to host two weekly Gal Rides, periodic training clinics, and the Wednesday night race series, Chamois Time.
Weekly Gal Rides
Rides take place on Monday and Wednesday evenings starting and ending with daylight savings in the spring and fall. All rides begin at 5:45pm and leave from Geoff’s Bike and Ski (816 S. Gilbert St, Iowa City). These rides are open to all women. You don’t have to be a member of ICCC, don’t have to be a racer, just have to want to ride bikes, show up, and have some fun!
What to expect on the Gal Rides:
- Mondays are medium paced and beginner friendly or recovery-based.
- Wednesdays are at a quicker pace, race-tactic focused, and occasionally have guest speakers to teach us about racing and riding strategy.
- Helmets are required. We don’t need anyone cracking their noggin open!
For more information on these rides and to get weekly updates, please add yourself to our email list via the box at the bottom of this page.
- April 17: Iowa City Road Race Course (Sharon Center, IA)-13 miles/1 lap or 26 miles/2 laps
- May 15: Criterium, Iowa City, IA
- June 19: Off-road mountain bike time trial, Sugar Bottom Mountain Bike Trail System, North Liberty, IA
- August 28: Gravel road race, northeast Iowa City – 13 milesFLYER
For more information on the Chamois Time Race Series please click here.
To get updates on upcoming events please add yourself to our email list by using the form at the bottom of the page and/or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.